1. Because we have received Jesus Christ as our Divine Lord and Savior, have followed Him in baptism, and have united with this fellowship of His children, we now consecrate ourselves to His service, pledge ourselves to the support of this church and unite with one another in this covenant.
2. WE WILL ACKNOWLEDGE THE LORDSHIP OF JESUS CHRIST OVER EVERY AREA OF OUR LIVES – OUR SPIRITS, OUR MINDS, OUR BODIES, OUR RELATIONSHIPS, OUR WORK, AND OUR RECREATION.
3. We will sincerely seek to keep the two commandments that Jesus taught as the greatest of all; to love God with all our hearts, souls, minds, and strength, and to love our neighbors as ourselves.
4. WE WILL ATTEMPT TO WIN OTHERS TO A SAVING FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST, BOTH HERE AT HOME, AND THROUGH OUR MISSIONARIES IN EVERY REGION OF THE WORLD.
5. We will observe the ordinances of baptism and communion, and will assemble together each week to uphold the public worship of God.
6. WE WILL DEVELOP AND MATURE IN OUR FAITH THROUGH REGULAR PRAYER, BIBLE READING, AND STUDY.
7. We will be faithful in our stewardship, recognizing that our time, resources and abilities are gifts from God to be used in His service.
8. WE WILL SHARE EACH OTHER’S JOYS AND SORROWS AND MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO BE QUICK TO FORGIVE AND SLOW TO CRITICIZE.
9. We will be honest and exemplary in all of our dealings.
10. WE WILL, UPON BECOMING CONVINCED THAT ANY PERSONAL HABIT OR PLEASURE IS DEFILING TO OUR BODIES OR DESTRUCTIVE TO OUR WITNESS FOR CHRIST, MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO CEASE THAT PRACTICE.
11. We will cooperate with other Christian churches and organizations in the effort to bring Christian influence to bear upon the affairs of our community and problems of the world.
12. WE WILL, IF WE MOVE FROM THIS COMMUNITY UNITE WITH SOME OTHER CHURCH WHERE WE CAN CONTINUE LIVING BY THE SPIRIT OF THIS COVENANT AND SERVING OUR HEAVENLY FATHER.
Adopted April 14, 1982
First Baptist Church